Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ill State of Mind

I spoke too soon. Just when I thought I had de-swined myself, I'm kind of having a sickness/sinus relapse. I stayed in bed all yesterday, missing out on senior girls and an opportunity to make some money for once. I think I needed to sleep all day, though. I'm feeling a lot better. Not 100%, but better. Of course my body decides to get sick right before my last Radnor musical audition ever and LM. I'm pulling through, though. I'm determined to enjoy this week one way or another.

My vigor is starting to come back. Last weekend was pretty freakin' awesome, and included one of the most spiritually exhilarating and rock n' roll experiences of my life. By some miracle my parents let me go to the Say Anything concert on Sunday night, and boy am I glad they did. I really need moments like that with so much energy and love (ignoring the Indie Jesus behind us, he was a jerk...TO HIS OWN CHILD) in one room to remind me that I don't need to be completely stressed out all the time and that the world actually kinda rocks. Of course, the music didn't suck either. :)

Now I'm diving headfirst into the craziest week of the year...LM Week. For all you readers outside of school district, LM Week is sort of a spirit week on uppers, filled with dress up days (pajama day, twin day, 80's day, etc.), the biggest pep rally known to man, and oodles more. It all leads up to the 113th meeting of the Lower Merion and Radnor football teams, the longest continuous high school football rivalry in the nation. This year's rally theme is Michael Jackson, which kinda really rocks. For me, though, this is it. This is my last LM as a student. It's so bittersweet, and it's kind of making me realize how much I actually do love this school. Despite it's competitiveness and "go big or go home" attitude, Radnor is such a family. I've always had trouble pinpointing my hometown. I've moved twice in my life; from Connecticut to New Jersey when I was really young, and from Wyckoff to Radnor in fourth grade. I never really felt a connection to Connecticut since I didn't live there for all that long. Jersey still has a special place in my heart, but I think Radnor is really my home. I'm generally pretty happy here. Besides, I've lived here long enough, 8 years is quite a while.

It's going to be so weird to leave. I can't really imagine fall Fridays without football games, or no LM week, or no musical practice. Still, I'm excited for college. I'm excited to move on. I think I'm just stoked for life again. :)

Oh, and if you haven't yet, go pick up the Say Anything's new self-titled album. It may be a softer, gentler SA, but it's awesome. I think they've got a wider audience at their fingertips now, yet they're continuing to make great music. I may write a more in-depth review later, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment