Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

I really wish I had the time and energy to write in this even once a week. I apologize to all 10 of you who read this blog for my posts being few and far between. I thought things were going to calm down a little this month, but I was sorely mistaken. Apparently taking on even partial responsibility for a choir that has less than a month to rehearse for a public concert is very time consuming. Not to mention I am now responsible for making sure that 20 something middle schoolers don't bludgeon themselves with 5 1/2 ft. metal poles once a week. Luckily, my winter break commenced about an hour and a half ago and I am relatively free for the next 12 days, 6 of which I will be spending in Costa Rica! Even though I'll miss seeing some of my friends who are home from college, I will definitely appreciate the warm weather and ample opportunities for sleep. Lord knows I need both of those right now.

Since you probably won't hear from me until the new year, some obligatory end of 2009 thoughts seem to be in order. This year has been a 365 day roller-coaster. I've gotten to know some really amazing, talented people and have some truly life-changing experiences. Hell, my life in general has changed so much since last year. So, I figured I'd sum the whole thing up in a generic survey. How conformist of me.

2009: In The Beginning
Where did you go on New Years?: Amanda's house!
Who were you with?: Amanda, my parents, her parents.
Did you kiss anyone on newyears?: Nope
Did you make any resolutions?: Eh, if I did, I probably forgot them the next day :-p

2009: All about YOU
Did you change at all this year?: Definitely, but not completely
Did you dye your hair?: Nope, I like my natural color too much.
Did you get your hair cut?: Many a time.
Did you change your style?: Sort of?
Were you in school?: Indeed.
Did you get good grades?: Mmhm.
Did you have a job?: Occasional babysitting, I'm too busy to hold down a real one at the moment.
Did you drive?: Yes! Got my license, finally!
Did anyone close to you give birth?: Possibly my cousin? Or was that last year?
Did you move at all?: For six weeks to Syracuse :)
Did you go on any vacations?: Yep, Canandaigua, South Carolina, and Orlando. And all up and down the east coast for college visits but that so doesn't count.
Did you leave the country at all?: Nope, but I will be soon!

2009: Your Love Life
Did you break up with anyone?: Nope
Did you meet anyone special?: Well, got to know them better :D
Did you fall in love?: :)
Did anyone break up with you?: Nope

2009: Friends and Enemies
Did you meet any new friends this year? A whole bunch
Did any of your friendships end?: End, no. Did I drift from people? Sure.
Did you dislike anyone?: Eh, sure.
Did you make any new enemies? I hope not.
Did you resolve any fights? I don't think there were any big ones to resolve.
Who were your closest friends?: They know who they are. :)
Did you have any regrets when it comes to your friendships?: Not particularly. Everything is a learning process.
What are you thinking about?: This survey and the fact that I need to take the dog out eventually.

So there you have it. 2009 was a good year. Trying at times, definitely stressful, but I don't regret anything. I've learned so much, I've picked up the pieces from last year, and I think I'm on the road to happiness. Unfortunately, it's a very long road and I'm a pretty impatient person. But if I have one New Year's Resolution, it would be to slow down and take things one day at a time. Shit, I'm graduating in 6 months. I bought one of those huge prom magazines as I always do just for fun and realized that I actually have a prom to attend this year. Everything I've looked forward to in the past four years is coming so fast. It really doesn't feel real at all. Some days I think I'm still a little junior aching to get out of here. Then I look around and realize that I'm the oldest person in the hallway. It'll all be over soon. Half of me is excited and the other half just wants everything to slow down. The best that I can do is just live in the moment and try not to take anything for granted. And that's exactly what I plan on doing.

To all of my friends, family, people I look up to, etc., I just want you all to know how happy I am to have you in my life. It's true. You all make everything a zillion times more bearable and can pull me out of any emotional ditch I find myself in. I hope I can do the same for all of you.

And now I'm going to be a girl:

"But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect."

Why did I wait so long to see that movie?

1 comment:

  1. best chick flick of all time, in my opinion. even ranks higher than the notebook. yeah. i said it.

    im glad that your year is ending on a positive note :) have an awesome time in costa rica, you lucky bitch!

    ReplyDelete