Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just in Time for the Holiday Season...

Why do I agitate myself by watching/reading/looking at anything created by the Westboro Baptist Church? Anything they say just makes my blood boil. Trust me, this is one of the few times I will ever speak ill of anyone on this blog, but I kind of can't stay silent on this one. People like them are why people look at me funny when I say I'm a Catholic. I have no shame, though. The majority of Christians really aren't that radical, myself in particular. Hell, I'm the most liberal Catholic you'll meet. To me the main principle of Christianity is love. "Love thy neighbor as thyself". Why shouldn't that apply to everyone, regardless of their sexual preference? And yes, I am pro-life...but I am not anti-choice. God gave us the free will to make our own decisions. We should have the freedom to educate ourselves and make the right choice for ourselves. So yes, I believe in God, and no, I won't shove a crucifix down your throat. I love you as you are, regardless of who you pray to, where you're from, or who you love.

Now that I've finished my ideological rant, I can digress to slightly more mundane things. Thanksgiving was a nice break, lots to be thankful for this year. For one, I got a part in the musical! I'll be playing Mrs. Potts in Beauty and the Beast at school in the spring. I'm really excited for the show to start. Despite the insanity and drama of it all, I love the show. I love bonding with everyone during rehearsals, the dancing, listening to the music with the orchestra once everything comes together. I think I'm writing this down now so I can look back on it whenever I have a stressful moment or any frustration concerning any member of the creative team or cast. There's a reason why I've stuck it out for so long. I've always loved acting. Sure, it got tedious last year, but I honestly don't think I was right for that role anyway, at least not at that moment in time. Pulling affection out of me was like pulling teeth. I think I'm in a better place now, and in a better part. Only time will tell.

I also got into college! Of course I write a whole rant about wanting to be in college soon and I get in the next day. After waiting for a month or so I was accepted into Drexel University's Screenwriting and Playwriting program! I'm so relieved, at least I know some place wants me. Not to mention it's one of my top choice schools. Plus, I finally got all my college apps out, so I don't have to worry about that anymore! Now we start the waiting game...March be swift!

I feel like I'm getting excited for Christmas too early. It's only December 1st, and I'm feeling super-festive. My tree is up, my lights are out...I just haven't done any shopping yet. I can't wait to see New York all dressed up in its holiday finery tomorrow when I see Ragtime with some kids from my English class. This really is the most magical time to be in the city, and I get to go twice in two weeks! That might be a bit of city-overload, considering I went a few weeks ago, but I don't think I can get all that sick of my place of birth. Besides, Manhattan is so massive, there's always something new to explore.

Things are lookin' up. :)

Hi Mr. Ecklund!

Oh, P.S. Go buy the New Moon soundtrack. Sure, the movie has no plot, but that is $14 well spent. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment