Monday, July 20, 2009

One small step...

Sooo I just heard some weird bowling alley-esque sound coming from outside my dorm window. Odd. Probably the construction.

Now that I've probably lost your attention, I'll go on with my normal rantings. Today, as many of y'all know, is the 40th anniversary of the moon landing. No big deal, right? Of course it's a big freakin' deal. It's an even bigger freakin' deal to me and my family because my grandpa helped build the Lunar Module (or the fancy-lookin' spider-y thing that they went on the moon with). I think he worked on one of the legs? Correct me if I'm wrong, family. Anyway, that got me thinking a lot about legacies. This is one of the most important events in U.S. (and world) history, and my grandfather was a part of that. And then...nothing. He kinda faded into oblivion more or less, took care of his family, yadayada. People kind of forgot about him. I really don't want that to happen to me. I want people to remember me. I want to have an impact on...something, and I want to be remembered for it, ya know? Maybe it's my quest for fame that started when I wanted to be a pop star when I was 7. I guess some things never change...

I want waffles. And fried chicken. Both of which are available in Syracuse. :)

3 comments:

  1. A lot of free time at Syracuse huh? JK haha
    This is Quan BTW
    and I know we don't really talk but ur blog reminded me of a scrubs episode
    So JD and Turk are talking to this patient with terminal lung cancer and he's also worried about his legacy of sort--I suppose
    "When we were kids, my dad used to make us give to this homeless guy named long beard poppy pants. Long beard because he had a long beard, and poppy pants because.."
    "We get it JD"
    "My mom didn't like that at all, she was like 'He's just gonna use those pork chops to get drugs!'--my mom drank, a lot. So I visited home a couple of weeks and theres this cleanly shaven working at a Pizzeria. He pulls me aside and says 'your father was a great man..' He was long beard poppy pants--although he prefers Kevin now. (heres the important part) George, I promise even after your gone people will remember as the men you were."
    So there's my two cents for thought, take what you will from it--and I swear the only reason I was on your blog was because it was on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, quan you read my blog! and i remember that episode, twas a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. truth: when i was in baltimore at cty i went to this modern art gallery and this one grad student was holding this talk about her senior project which was setting up comment/suggestion boxes around baltimore. one suggestion that she got was that they should give out waffles and chicken, so at this talk that i randomly went to she had waffles and chicken and orange juice. your comment on waffles and chicken reminded me of this lovely moment.

    ps wonderful return to blogspot :)

    ReplyDelete