Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lists and Things.

Since I haven't blogged in a little while and I don't have anything substantial to write about, I figured I'd make some lists.

3 Things I'm Not Proud Of:
1. My impulsivity - I have AD/HD, and most of the time, you'd never know it. Except when I act out of impulse. Like when I get carried away and don't think things over. Or like Friday when I dropped $205 at American Eagle in about a half an hour, and then proceeded to return $60 of it five minutes later out of fear that I wouldn't be able to eat for the next 2 weeks. Which leads me to...
2. My anxiety - I'm a worrier. I get stressed out by things that I can't control and start worrying. I think it's in my DNA, I come from two families of worry-warts. I'm learning to control it, though, along with my impulsivity. Plus, I'm learning to embrace spontaineity, rather than let it stress me out. But enough about my psychological woes...
3. The music I've been listening to lately - i.e. Pitbull, Lady Gaga, "Stanky Legg", Solja Boy...it's bad. However, catchy as it may be, I am deeply disturbed by Shakira's "She Wolf". What happened, Shakira? WHERE'S THE BELLY-DANCING? THE LATINA SOUND? And auto-tune? Really? I thought you were better than that.

3 Things I'm Looking Forward to...
1. My 18th birthday - Holy poop, how did I get this old? I don't really feel 18; I feel a little more innocent than my peers since I don't drink or party and I didn't get my license until last June even though I could've had it in March '08. For being one of the oldest people in my grade, I feel like the least mature. Then again, sometimes (and this is going to sound soooo hipster) I feel a little more emotionally mature than them. It's a weird place to be, but I'm OK with who I am. I don't really feel the need to do anything more I am now. Getting back to the subject, though, I just love birthdays. They're a good time: presents, friends, being princess-for-a-day :). Besides, I'm gonna have to make up for the semi-suckfest of a birthday I had last year; true I had a solid party, went to Broadway on Broadway, and saw [title of show], but I had a driving class and a practice SAT test on my actual birthday and some people kinda bailed on my party. I shouldn't really talk, though, it ended up being a good time.
2. The End of this Summer College - Yes, I'll be sad when it's over. Yes, I'm having a good time. However, I'm ready to come home. I miss my family, Teddy, my boy, my friends (many of whom are leaving for college before I get back) and my bed. Not to mention not having to do work, although with my luck, my mom would be nagging me to do college apps/summer reading anyway. Plus, when I leave I get to go to my uncle's lake house on Canandaigua Lake for 4 days of sun, swimming, wakeboarding, and family nagging (annoying, but endearing). I could really use a vacation at this point in the game.
3. The blink-182 Concert - Thanks to the wonderful Mr. Russell Weidenmiller, I've been rediscovering blink's jams and getting really pumped for this show. The setlist looks awesome, and Travis's spinning drum solo just sounds so epic. Not to mention the fact that Weezer is opening for them! This will be a musical event/blast from the 90's past of epic proportions.

3 Favorite Youtube Channels
1. jaaaaaaa - Julia Nunes is my ukulele hero. She's so very entertaining and seems like a legitimately nice person. Not to mention, she's out there doing what she loves, which I really admire. She makes her covers her own, and writes super-sick songs. One time I did a stickam chat with her and she answered my question ("How do you feel about the song 'Birthday Sex'?" She's not a fan.)! Of course she's playing a show near me next weekend, and of course I can't go. Damn field trips to Niagra Falls! Ok, I'll stop geeking out now, go check her out! Personal fave videos: "Woe", "Balloons", "Jesus Walks", "Bubbly", "Underdog", any of her answers videos.
2. The Battery's Down - I've followed this online comedy series about a guy (generally unsuccessfully) trying to make his way as an actor since the beginning. Jake Wilson is a genius. As with any series, some episodes are better than others, but overall the acting, singing and dancing is great! Creator, writer and star Jake Wilson is really creative and rather talented. Plus, some episodes have some sweet Broadway guest stars. Definitely one to check out if you're a theatre dork like me. :)
3. schmoyoho - This is a recent fave of mine. These guys (The Gregory Brothers) do the popular "Auto-Tune the News" series, and whenever I get to see politicians and newspeople sing and dance, I'm all in. They're songs are damn catchy, too, addicting even. In this case, it's true: everything does sound better Auto-Tuned.

Wow, I get on a topic and I just keep going. So much for having nothing to talk about. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment