Sunday, August 9, 2009

Syracuse Reflections and Ramblings

As my time at Syracuse is coming to a close (crossies for now, at least) I've been thinking about my time here. It's going to be pretty strange coming home. I've gotten so used to living here, sometimes I forget what my room looks like. Ok, that's kind of a stretch, but you get the point. This has become like a second home. Sure, there's not much to do off campus. Sure, I have a pretty small circle of friends. Sure, I've been working pretty damn hard in the summer. Otherwise, though, I've had a pretty good time here. I've learned so much, and I've solidified my choice to be a communications major. Yeah, whatever, I'm still a little torn between journalism and TV/Film, but I've learned enough about both subjects to make a decision at some point. Besides, with most of the schools I'm applying to, you don't even have to declare a specific major within the communications school before your junior year. Plus, taking voice lessons here, I'd be happy to minor in vocal performance. I'm not going to let myself stop singing just because I'm not majoring in music. As with everything here, this program has made me realize that I can do this whole college thing. I'll be alright. Honestly, I'll be happy to come home but I'll be really sad to leave. I like Syracuse and I'll definitely be applying here in the fall. Better start stocking up on warm clothes. :)

On a different note, there's some super-sick concerts coming up back home that I'm dying to see:

8/27 - blink-182, Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French - Susquehana Bank Center - Chances of going: Very high, seeing as I already have tickets. I just had to add this again because I'm that excited. :)

9/17 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Nightman Cometh Live - Tower Theater - Chances of going: Mediocre. I would love to see the live version of the completely absurd musical from the TV show (which was absolutely hilarious), but considering the amount of concerts in September (and the possible lack of tickets available) it may not happen. However, we can hope.

9/19-9/20 - Dave Matthews Band - Susquehana Bank Center - Chances of going - Relatively high, I mentioned the show to my parents a few weeks ago and they seemed game. Yeah, going to shows with your parents is a little lame, but everyone needs a good excuse. I'm a big fan of the DMB and have yet to see all of them live (I saw Dave alone at Farm Aid '06). And I'm fairly certain I won't be the only Radnorite there.

9/23 - The Walkmen - TLA - Chances of going: Medium. I do like the Walkmen, though I only know some of their music. I'm always up for a good show, and I jumped a little at the chance to see these guys with my friend Laura. However, my chances of going have been lowered by the fact that this next show is the next day...

9/24 - Regina Spektor - Electric Factory - Chances of going: In my opinion, high. I will be at this show. I kind of need to see my idol live. It's on a weeknight, you say? Psh, hasn't stopped me before. :)

9/25 - The Spring Standards - Kennet Square, PA - Chances of going: Unfortunately slim. Yes, this trio is one of my faves (definitely check them out if you haven't heard of them, they're delectible), but unfortunately they scheduled a concert on a Friday night during football season, which means I will be twirling a flag on the football field instead. The things we sacrifice for love.

11/1 - Say Anything with Eisley, Moneen, and Moving Mountains - TLA - Chances of going: High. I'm going to this one, no questions asked. Say Anything is just too good to miss, and Eisley ain't half bad either. I'm so excited for what's in store from SA; new single and video in a few weeks, new album in October, concerts galore, all of which I'm sure will be excellent.

Needless to say, It's gonna be a fun fall. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte! This is Laura Lu Lu. I love your blog, and how you can think of interesting things to write. If I had a blog, I'd be like, "Yeah. Today was boring. Blah blah I need to buy pants blah blah Robert Pattinson."
    As for the Walkmen concert, I'm not sure if we can go because I'll need to drive by myself, and I never drove in the city before alone. But I'm going to try to practice driving to South Street with my mom this week so I can get familiar with the area. We are definitely going to see a lot of concerts this year since the Cinderella license is gone once we turn 18. Yay!

    ReplyDelete