Thursday, September 24, 2009

Silly Love Songs...

I should seriously consider a career in novelty songwriting. Here's a little diddy I came up with the other night.

I Don't Wanna Be Your Yoko

Sit yourself down
Let's talk awhile
And let me assure you
You still make me smile
But I came to realize
That I kinda need some space
when I overheard your friends
The other night at your place

They were talking of Bed Peace and Beatles
And not in a good way
So after that I figured out
What they were trying to say

I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be your Yoko
Oh no, oh no

Don't get me wrong,
We've been so great (We've been so great)
You're perfect for me
This may even be fate
But we've been virtually inseparable
And your band's starting to complain
The fact that I could lead to your demise
Just drives me insane

Not saying we should break up,
Of that I am sure
I love you, but let's be honest,
I love your band a little more

Don't wanna be the one they blame
40 years down the road
But I really don't want to lose you
And this confusion is starting to show
So stop bringing me to practice
And focus on your jams
Just don't forget about me
Among those thousands of fans

Ok, so it's no Keystone, but I had some inspiration and I just had to act on it. And it's not based on personal experience, don't worry. I get inspiration in the most inconvenient places. i.e. the shower, or while driving.

1 comment:

  1. This begs the question whether it was inspired by the Kennedy song 'john & yoko' which takes the reverse perspective. Very cool either way :)

    ReplyDelete