Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Thoughts...

Band camp is this week, and it's just a little bit insane. The actual marching isn't too bad, but I've been so wrapped up in learning new work for color guard and trying not to suck at it that I haven't really learned much of the marching show. Hopefully that can change today, since we're really behind the rest of the band. The color guard work is much more challenging this year and I'm also starting to realize that I really don't work well at night, which is unfortunate because that's the only time our instructors come. So I end up looking like shit for them when in reality I can generally do the work. Not only that, but I get super-frustrated with myself. I honestly don't think there's much I can do about it other than get more sleep and keep repeating my "I love color guard, I love color guard, I love color guard," mantra. I have to go through this for everything I do, whether it be color guard, theatre, singing, band, school, swimming, whatever. I've just gotta push through; the end product is worth the pain.

In other news, the blink-182 concert totally lived up to all the hype I gave it. The whole night was just amazing, despite some minor setbacks (not getting to meet up with my districts host, spilling on myself, the drunk guys behind us, psh whatever). Weezer was ridiculously good; I had no idea Rivers Cuomo had so much energy. He seems so chill in the media, but he's freaking electric on stage. They put on such a good show, I will most definitely see them again. blink-182 themselves were epic; they actually surpassed my expectations, as the general consensus is that they suck live. They were insane in my opinion. Every song totally rocked and the energy was amazing. Not to mention, I had one of the best concert buddies ever :). Overall, I'd say it was a very very good night.

Anywho, I must go, but before I do here's a little mixtape of excellent back-to-school jams.

"Does He Love You?" - Rilo Kiley
"Will You Return" - The Avett Brothers
"First Train Home" - Imogen Heap
"Hate Everyone" - Say Anything
"Open Your Heart" - Lavender Diamond
"Hallelujah" - Paramore
"Now, Now" - St. Vincent
"(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" - Weezer
"Ignorance" - Paramore
"Run This Town (feat. Rhianna & Kanye West) - Jay-Z. That's right.

Countdown to 18 - 11 days

2 comments:

  1. Char-bear, don't get too hard on yourself, I know how frustrating guard camp can be, ughhh that was ALWAYS me in the mornings during indoor season (and now during early week with our 8-11:30 am practices)

    you'll get through it and I can't wait to see the show at the LM game!!! (yes I am definitely going to be there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. d'aww, you're a pretty swell concert buddy yourself :-D

    ReplyDelete